We are open!
Attending a North Coast Radiology clinic during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation
North Coast Radiology Group continues to provide trusted analysis, excellence and compassionate care to our patients during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis with an unwavering commitment. We continue to participate in daily consultation with the Department of Health (Australian Government) and local health authorities to ensure we follow their advice and guidance in maintaining the highest level of safety and quality for our patients and staff.
Please be assured we have industry-leading infection control and personal protective equipment (PPE) management in place, in order to care for our patients to the highest standards so that risks of any infection or transmission of COVID-19 can be minimised.
In addition to our standard infection control measures North Coast Radiology Clinics are:
- Pre-screening all patients prior to making a booking for any suspected symptoms.
- Managing appointments in a flexible manner to minimise the number of patients in our clinics at any given time.
- Triaging all patients on arrival to our clinics for suspected symptoms.
- Employing isolation areas to separate potentially infectious patients from non-infectious patients in all of our clinics.
- Making disinfectant sanitising gel available to all patients, staff and visitors entering our clinics.
- Removing magazines and excess paperwork from all clinic waiting rooms.
- Undertaking regular and scheduled cleaning and disinfection of all exam rooms with more frequent focus on common touch points throughout the day.
- We are urging both our referrers and patients to utilise our filmless patient and referrer portals for image access at this time so that printed film handling can be avoided and post imaging waiting times in our clinics can be reduced.
In addition, we have instructed staff, who themselves or whose immediate family, show any signs of illness to advise us accordingly and not attend work.
Attending your appointment
The latest government guidelines promote social distancing in the community. Although we know these measures aren’t enforced within healthcare settings, we are proactively encouraging and implementing a social distancing rule for patient care and staff alike. This means that we are reducing unnecessary movement by only allowing patients and core staff to enter our clinic. Exceptions to this include patients who require a personal carer, patients under 16 years of age and obstetric scans where one (1) additional person will be allowed.
If you have any of the below or have Travelled to a Covid Hotspot in the last 14 days, we ask you please contact us via phone on 1300 669 729 prior to making a booking or visiting one of our clinics.